Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sun N' Sands Motel (Huntington Beach, CA)

I just got back from I think my third year in a row of 4th of July Huntington style. I was planning on staying in town this year, (probably because I wrecked on my long board last week and hit my globe which caused me to momentarily not want to do anything fun, don't worry, I'm cured now) but luckily my friend Mark sent me a text while I was sitting at my desk bored out of my mind and so I jumped at the opportunity to pack a car full of dudes and head for the waves. That's right, no ladies on this trip, I like to mange my operations with a BYOG (bring your own girls) policy but this time we threw up a hail mary and made a run for it sans the estrogen. We stayed at a lovely hole in the wall motel right on the PCH just a few blocks north or the pier in Huntington. Here are the first three reviews you'll find of the motel if you take a gander on the world wide web:

1.We had our most horrible hotel-motel experience in our life in this place. The lady at the front desk had an attitude from the moment we walked in. The non-smoking room we got have been heavily smoked in, the rooms were dirty and roach-infested. Will never go back even at gunpoint.

2.My friend recently stayed at this hotel and was robbed at gunpoint opening the door to his room. (Speaking of gunpoint haha!)

3.It is a gorgeous spot right across from the beach, but rooms are small and worn, there is NO A/C (I missed that in other reviews) and even our ceiling fan didn't work well. Paper thin walls mean it's a gamble if you have kids or want to sleep (No joke, there was no AC, the water from the shower was nice and cold though so that helped in the cooling process)

Anyways despite the rough reviews the place really was great and we had no problems with the lack of AC. I saw zero roaches. I did however see the next door neighbor in her underwear. Twice. Of course in classic style this was not a neighbor that you wanted to see in her undies so lets not get excited. And no I didn't snap any pictures so don't ask to see them.
Rolling 5 dudes deep might seem a little risky but I can honestly say that we had a great time with no casualties and no evident c-blocking. I even slept pretty comfortably even after Kenny filled my head with ideas of what liquids the bed cover might have on it.

I learned some things about myself this weekend. First I realized to my dismay that I might be the only person in the world without a six-pack. I mean goodness, don't people have anything better to do with their time than sit-ups? My abs are not chiseled. I need to work on that. I also learned that if you wreck (noticing a pattern here?) on your long board in front of a bunch of people, the easiest way to play it off is to pretend that you're intoxicated. Last but not least I've decided that even though the Mormon beach scene is full of tools, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. I look forward to continuing this tradition for as long as I remain single. And a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment